tidy.css and levels in the menu

Sep 5, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Hi Adam,
I did manage to tweek the tidy skin for my purpuse quite well sofar. Most of my actions works like charm.

I am until now using two levels in the menu. The "toplevel" and one "submenu". This works well both in mobile devices and bigger screens.

Now I created a few pages which would need a sub-submenu, (menu level under the submenu) but these pages did not show up in the menu at all.

In the tidy.css there are refernces to a ".subLevelRight", which i did not quite understood.

This code (was commented):

dnnMenu .subLevel .subLevelRight ul {

top:auto;
left: 170px;
display:block;
width:170px;
}

was not used for a start. When I uncommented it the "sub-submenu" showed up with the new pages i did create before. But this part in the menu shows up as soon as I put the mouse over the toplevel, and does not show up in the mobile menu.

Can you please assist me? Thanks in advance for your tips!

/Peter
Sep 5, 2013 at 3:07 PM
Hi again,
comment to my own thread.

I wrote:

When I uncommented it the "sub-submenu" showed up with the new pages i did create before. But this part in the menu shows up as soon as I put the mouse over the toplevel, and does not show up in the mobile menu.

That was not correct. The "sub-submenu" does show up on the mobile menu too, but in the same way as in the normal menu, which does not fit so good.

/Peter
Coordinator
Sep 6, 2013 at 4:12 AM
Edited Sep 6, 2013 at 4:13 AM
Hi Peter,

Yes, I inadvertently created this bug last release when I moved the CSS files to their own directory. I will fix in the next release.

In the meantime, you can modify line 361 of css/Tidy.css file:

CURRENT:
#dnnMenu .subLevel, #dnnMenu .subLevel .subLevelRight ul {

FIXED:
#dnnMenu .subLevel {

This will show the 2nd and 3rd level pages as originally designed (slightly indented)

I know there is a lot of other menu styles that have been requested, but I'm trying to keep it as simple as possible (when I'm not breaking it). ;-)

Give that a shot and let me know if it works for you.
Sep 6, 2013 at 7:38 AM
Adam,
thanks for your rapid respons!

I have changed and now both menus ("mobile" and "classic") works nice.
The system can now handle 3 levels in the menu.

I do agree it is good to keep it logical with good structure as you have done, then it is also easy to change and understand.

I do not think we would like to use more than 3 levels in the menu, never the less I would like to learn which parts in the css that controls how many levels in the menu displayed. If you can help me understand that I would appreciate it a lot.
Thanks again!
Coordinator
Jul 13, 2014 at 9:26 PM
Version 1.2.0 enabled 4 levels of fly-outs.
Marked as answer by adamhumphrey on 7/13/2014 at 2:26 PM