#dnnMenu becomes display:none; - a bug (?)

Feb 11, 2014 at 8:55 PM
I have found no exactly similar threads in here so this is to share my findings about a bug(?) in Tidy skin.

The following can be observed on http://tidy.skinsbyadammer.com/ as well.

Steps to reproduce:
  1. run a page with Tidy skin on a large screen (PC, notebook) - top level menu is visible - OK
  2. decrease the size of a browser (tested on FF and Chrome) window to a size similar in a smartphone - menu button is visible - OK
  3. click the menu button to show all menu links - menu levels are visible - OK
  4. click the menu button again to collapse the menu links - menu button is visible - OK
  5. resize the web browser window back to full large screen size - top level menu is NOT visible - a bug(?)
I agree this is not a reproducible course of action in normal conditions when the screen size does not change but for testing it looks like a hindrance.

Tried to track down the culprit but never had the luck to pinpoint it.

Any suggestions are welcome as I plan to use a modified version of Tidy skin on my production site.
Feb 13, 2014 at 4:32 AM
Hi Greg,

Yes, this is a know bug that will be fixed in the next release.

To implement the fix, just change line 20 of DNNROOT/Portals/_default/Skins/Tidy/js/tidy.js

$('#dnnMenu').slideUp('slow', function () {
I've updated the tidy demo site with this fix. Please let me know if it works for you.

Marked as answer by adamhumphrey on 2/12/2014 at 9:42 PM
Feb 13, 2014 at 8:56 AM
Thanks for the reply. It works like it should right now.

BTW: I'm using Tidy ver. 1.1.0 and in my tidy.js file this code snippet is located in line 12.

Thanks again.