No Menu Button on Narrow Screens with 1.1.0

May 28, 2014 at 2:02 PM
Installed Version 1.1.0 and the menu button doesn't display when the screen is under 768px wide. This happens in Safari (iPhone & Desktop), Chrome, and IE9. It DOES work in Firefox 29.

Please advise.
Coordinator
Jun 1, 2014 at 6:00 PM
Are you seeing this same issue on the Tidy Demo Site?

If you could send some additional information like the URL of the site with this issue and the DNN version that would really help me find a resolution.
Jun 1, 2014 at 6:19 PM
The issue does not occur on your demo site.

I wish I could send you a url to the site, but I can't for corporate privacy reasons. It's not a public site.

It's similar to the problem in the following discussion:

https://tidy.codeplex.com/discussions/531394

But when I apply that "fix" it changes the behavior on some of the Desktop Browsers, but doesn't fix the problem on the iPhone with Safari.

Perhaps if you just refreshed the install package with the files from the demo site, it might fix the problem.
Coordinator
Jun 1, 2014 at 6:40 PM
That discussion was in regards to hiding the mobile menu and having it affect the display of the menu when a browser is resized larger width to display the normal browser horizontal menu.

It sounds like you never see the menu / login mobile buttons. Is that correct?
Jun 2, 2014 at 2:23 PM
Aha! I figured it out!

I discovered that the Menu Button only appears when I'm logged in as an Administrator or Host Account. So I added the following to the Tidy.ascx file:

<%@ Register TagPrefix="dnn" TagName="JQUERY" Src="~/Admin/Skins/jQuery.ascx" %>

<dnn:JQUERY runat="server" id="dnnjQuery" DnnjQueryPlugins="true" />

Your approach for a fix might be different, but the bottom line is that the required jQuery code isn't loaded for non admins.
Marked as answer by adamhumphrey on 6/30/2014 at 9:35 AM