Menu is rolling down

Jun 18, 2014 at 7:55 PM

I absolutely LOVE Tidy. It's a great skin, very clean and easy to work with. I have one tiny problem, when I am logged in everything functions perfectly. When no user is logged in, the menu appears for a second or so, but then rolls down out of sight. I have been working on the site for awhile and was almost always logged in as an admin so I didn't notice it at all until now. I have a large "logo" and thought that might be interfering but I changed it to the small DNN logo just to test and it did the same thing. The site is if you want to see what I'm talking about. Is there something I've done wrong to make this not work?

Jun 25, 2014 at 5:54 PM
I am having the same problem. At first I thought it was the fallback doctype because I've had some weird behavior because of that in the past. That doesn't seem to be the case here though. Any advice would be appreciated.
Jun 28, 2014 at 4:34 PM
Edited Jun 28, 2014 at 4:34 PM
I can't seem to find what is causing this issue. It may be some other JavaScript code that is hiding the menu.

But for some reason as soon as the page loads it looks like a jQuery slideDown() is being executed on the menu. And also the mobile menu div (that shows the menu button on mobile devices) is set to display:none; as well.

Very strange. Could you tell me what version of DNN you're running?
Jun 29, 2014 at 10:51 PM
I am having the same problem.
DNN version = 07.02.00 (607)

Jun 30, 2014 at 1:38 AM
I'm using 7.03.00 (499). It's very weird to me that it doesn't do it when I'm logged in, but it does when I'm not logged in. Same content on the page.
Jun 30, 2014 at 1:27 PM
I am using 07.03.00 (499) as well. Fresh install.
Jun 30, 2014 at 4:41 PM
Edited Jun 30, 2014 at 4:41 PM
It seems DNN >= 7.2 no longer loads jQuery for non-logged in users.

So you will need to add a couple lines to the Tidy.ascx file.

Under this last registration line:
<%@ Register TagPrefix="dnn" Namespace="DotNetNuke.Web.Client.ClientResourceManagement" Assembly="DotNetNuke.Web.Client" %>
Add the following two lines:
<%@ Register TagPrefix="dnn" TagName="JQUERY" Src="~/Admin/Skins/jQuery.ascx" %>
<dnn:JQUERY runat="server" id="dnnjQuery" DnnjQueryPlugins="true" />
This will load jQuery for all user and should fix the issue. Let me know how it works for you.
Marked as answer by adamhumphrey on 6/30/2014 at 9:43 AM
Jun 30, 2014 at 5:32 PM
This has solved the issue for me. I appreciate your looking into it.
Jul 5, 2014 at 3:28 PM
Hi, seems to be working for me now. Started with new install of DNN.
Thanks for checking.